Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Letter for Healing


This is an email I wrote to a friend about three years ago. 

Dear ******,
Good day. I had been contemplating regarding what you shared and I decided to write this letter.

Life is a miscellany of peaks and troughs, and as we all know, it is not a fairy tale which always has a happy ending. As we grow old, reality becomes more and more blunt and painful. As we mature, we realize that all we believed when we were young are not entirely true; all things were not really created bright and beautiful. Please do not be discouraged, however, to look at the positive side of everything. Remember that we shouldn’t be fault finders. There is goodness and kindness in everyone. We should not pass judgment no matter how rude or unpleasant they may be, no matter how much pain they have brought us, and no matter how big their blunders are. We, ourselves, have our own shortcomings and imperfections.

Do not waste your time dwelling in hatred and animosity. Do what is good and just, forgive those who have wronged you, and love without waiting for anything in return.  Be humble, touch people’s lives, make a difference, lower your expectations of others,and increase your expectations of yourself.


The trials, disappointments, and hurt are permitted by God. It is a way of pruning us to become better persons; it is a way of purifying us.  Remember that steel is forged by fire before they can be used as swords and maces of knights and kings. It is similar to life; we are forged towards His standards so that we may be worthy of His kingdom.

Let me clarify though that I do not consider myself, in any way, qualified or worthy of making this advice. Two years ago, I had been at the bottom of my spirituality and my life had been a mess. I myself was guilty, and sometimes I feel that all my emails, letters, and notes advising friends as well as sharing about faith seem to be a clanging cymbal, a shallow rhapsody from a person who does not do what he preaches. I lived doing my own will, as if I own my time, as if I own my life. Thinking that you own anything in this world is ridiculous in heaven (and in hell as well) because we do not own a thing. We arrived bare and we will leave bare.

I thank God because by His grace, I was able to heal and see these things; the amorphous form of Christianity that I saw has at least appeared clearer. My fall was beneficial and was probably one of the reasons why I have the audacity to write this letter. At least, now I can attest that God indeed permits everything to happen for his own reason.

Lastly, do not forget the child within you. Remember yourself when you were young, the glory of God that was in your face, your innocent and infantile gaiety, and your heart overflowing with kindness. 

I do not wish to make this letter longer for I know that you do not like reading 
long letters. I look forward to see the old you. Please do give my regards to your family.

Yours in Christ,

GB

2 comments:

  1. -thanks a lot.. all the words that you've used in this letter are all powerful... powerful enough to wake me up and helped me realize that I'm still fortunate though not in money but friends and most of all by the love and life that God gave me. Truly He never gives us trials that we cannot pass and though how many times we turn our back on him.. He's still there waiting for us to look back.. Thanks and I know you could still help others with your powerful letters. I'm sure God was so happy that you've used the gift that HE gave to you, to help others. God bless you and your family.. >^_^< by: ******

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is Great Moi...keep up the good work..inspiring and truly awesome!!!!!!:-)))

    ReplyDelete